Sunday, January 19, 2014

January is Half Over ...I can't believe it!!!!!

Everything has been moving soooooooo fast since my last post.  I'm afraid that the colder weather here has kept me from being on the computer very much and my mouse is looking for a warm place to hibernate.
Right before Christmas was my last post...much has happened since, however, if I tried to catch Y'all up, we would be lost in the past...
Sooooo, I'll shoot some photo's out with a caption or two of what has been going on as I prepare to keep up with what is going on now.

For those of you wondering about the pastel pet portrait, I will get back to it.  The studio is tooo cold to do any lengthy work and the house is not good for pastel work.

Let's relive some of the Holidays at home in Cypress Inn Tennesse!


 
Daniel prepared our scrumptious Christmas Dinner feast of Vegetarian Lasagna.  Now he is a Lover of Pizza, so his lasagna was kind of like a pizza with lasagna noodles instead of crust.  I had given up meat to protest the slaughter houses last year, that is why there was no meat.  But as you can see from the ingredients...no meat was needed.  There was enuff lasagna left for 3 more meals...one meal awaits still in the freezer.
 



 
New Years Day I always cook.  We started a traditional dinner for this many years ago when there was an article  in the Twin Falls (Idaho) newspaper.  Daniel and I incorporated several different dishes to bring Good Luck and Abundance to our New Year.
We always have my version of "Hoppin' John" for the black eyed peas and rice.  Greens vary each year (that's probably why I never have any of the greenbacks in my pocket!Haha)...this year it was spinach with tomatoes & cucumber.  The dressing was homemade mayonnaise from our dear hens eggs...it's the yellow stuff in the yellow bowl, no food coloring, our hens yolks are so orange & sunflower oil is darker than some other oils. Yum! 
Instead of cornbread I made a Cornmeal-Sweet Potato casserole, celebrating the South once more.  The meat is a Pork tenderloin.  Eating the pig is to ensure going forward (there is a rumor that pigs can't go backwards) with your nose in the dirt (lots of good garden work)!!!!!
 
That was our holidays!  All the Santa's have been put to bed to rest until it's time to deliver gifts again and now I start to plan on Spring.  I've been busy distributing manure and dirt from the barn into the planter boxes for the veggies and flowers.
 
Next up...some of the Awesome winter sunsets right here in Southern Middle Tennessee!
 
Until then, I wish you Joy & Love and please visit with me again!
 
Diane
 
One more thing...if you would ever like recipes for my dishes...comment, or email me here

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks so yummy Diane! I think I would enjoy all those dishes! ;o) Yummy! Interesting fact about pigs! Happy New Year ;o) Keep warm ;o)

    ReplyDelete